The Neely Center, Campus-Wide Student Ethics Competition 2019
And the winner is…… YOU!
First prize $3,000 Second Prize $2000 Third Prize $1000
The competition is open to all USC students. Submissions are invited in all areas of ethics and decision making including, but not limited to:
1. The intersection of technology and society
2. Business ethics
3. Public policy ethics
4. Personal and societal ethics
Submissions can be in the form of a written article, a presentation, or video. Submit email of intent to participate by, SEPTEMBER 30, 2018.
Submission themes include:
1. A case study exhibiting a real life decision that involves trade-offs and an ethical dilemma
2. Reflections on what comprises an ethically sensitive decision culture and the impediments/ inducers of ethical behavior
3. Fairness and equity issues with ethical implications
4. Unanticipated ethical considerations revolving around the future of technology
A distinguished panel of judges from USC and industry will evaluate the submissions and select the finalists and the winners. Finalists will present in our annual Next Generation Ethics Conference
Scheduled for April 26, 2019. The conference will include several world-renowned speakers from industry and academia.
September 30, 2018: Intent to participate- Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ,with your intent to participate, so we may forward you follow up e-mails about USC resources to help you with the submissions. The intent to participate should include a title and a brief abstract/description of the work.
December 15, 2018: Initial draft - So we may offer deedback from experts on your submission
February 15, 2018: Second draft.
March 1, 2019: - Final Submission
April 26, 2019: Announcement of winners and presentations at The Neely Center Annual Ethics Conference, " Ethics: Where Do We Stand"
To see last years competition, click here.