The Neely Center for Ethical Leadership and Decision Making is pleased to announce our inaugural annual student competition:
Towards an Ethically Sensitive Society
The competition is open to all USC students. Submissions are invited in all areas of ethics and decision making including, but not limited to:
1. The intersection of technology and society
2. Business ethics
3. Public policy ethics
4. Personal and societal ethics
Submissions can be in the form of a written article, a presentation, or video. Submission themes include:
1. A case study exhibiting a real life decision that involves trade-offs and an ethical dilemma,
2. Reflections on what comprises an ethically sensitive decision culture and the impediments/ inducers of ethical behavior
3. Fairness and equity issues with ethical implications
4. Unanticipated ethical considerations revolving around the future of technology
A distinguished panel of judges from USC and industry will evaluate the submissions and select the finalists and the winners. Finalists will present in our annual Next Generation Ethics Conference
Scheduled for March 15, 2018 in Town and Gown. The conference will include several world-renowned speakers from industry and academia.
First prize $3000 , Second Prize $2000, Third Prize $1000
September 30, 2017: Intent to participate. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your intent to participate so we may forward you follow up e-mails about USC resources to help you with the submissions. The intent to participate should include a title and a brief abstract/description of the work.
November 15, 2017: Initial draft – So we may offer feedback from experts on your submission.
February 15, 2018: Submission of final draft.
March 1, 2018: Announcement of finalists.
March 15, 2018: Next Generation Ethics Conference – Announcement of Winners.
Download a PDF flyer on the competition here